CENTRE FOR TESTING AND CONSULTATION
Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (MME), BUET provides testing and consultancy services on different aspects of materials to different public and private organizations with utmost precision and moral ethics. The department offers these services through its Centre for Testing and Consultation (CTC). The CTC Co-ordinator of the Department works under the Bureau of Research, Testing and Consultation (BRTC) – a central body of BUET and is responsible for organizing such technical service to the clients.
The department offers a full range of chemical, physical and mechanical, thermal, electrical, optical, magnetic and other properties analyses, microstructural analysis, heat treatment, surface analysis, metal casting, welding, corrosion tests, failure analysis, etc. of a wide range of raw materials (ferrous and nonferrous metals and alloys, glasses and ceramics, semiconductors, polymers and composite materials) and finished products to a variety of national and international standards.
Click the following links to get latest test fees and sample letters required for testing in pdf* format.
- achieve certification by complying with current guidelines and regulations
- ensure products are fit for purpose
- find out why products are failing in use or during manufacture
- develop new materials and new products through certification
- solve patent disputes or resolve legal disputes
- benchmark against competitors’ products
BRTC Coordinator: Professor Dr. A. K. M. Bazlur Rashid
Mobile: 01741 362 504
Tel: 9665650-80 Ext 7629